Monday, December 9, 2013

Week Seis in the MTC




 Hola!  This was a very hard week and I struggled to get by. I looked forward to leaving for Mexico all week. For that reason, I feel like I don't have much to write. Although I will tell you about today.

So this morning we woke up and left for the airport at 2:30 am. After over an hour ride, we were dropped off. Within a few minutes we found out that our flight to Texas and out of Texas both were completely cancelled because of weather. We were at the airport until almost 7am waiting for a bus to come pick us up, and then another hour and a half ride back to the MTC. There were probably 50 of us in total going to different missions in Mexico and all of us had to go back to the MTC. We were all so excited to leave the MTC and to get out of the cold weather, but now we don't know when that's going to happen. We could fly out tomorrow or it could take a few days, even a week. I hope it's tomorrow, but we just don't know.

I'm having a hard time being positive about this because I was just SO ready to get out of the MTC. I am just praying for the strength to survive however many more days. And I'm praying to see things in a more positive light. It's amazing what sincere prayer can do. Our Heavenly Father can give us the strength we need when things are hard or when we are striving to become a better person. I know He answers our prayers and that He cares deeply about our own personal concerns.I know that there's a divine reason this happened. If anything, I have a testimony that everything happens according to the Lord's timing and will. There's a reason we weren't supposed to fly there today. It's hard, though, when you don't know the reason. I know that He lives and loves us more than we can comprehend. I know that He wants us to return to live with our Heavenly Father again some day. I look forward to that sweet reunion.

Amor,
Hermana Sara Slaughter







No comments:

Post a Comment